2019 Election Details - Take Your Seat at the Table!
Call for Nominations
The future direction of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) is in your hands! AASECT's Nominating Committee has issued a Call for Nominations for candidates to fill three Board of Directors' seats and two vacancies on the Nominating Committee.
We would especially like to encourage the nomination of individuals who are new to AASECT leadership and/or who are from underrepresented backgrounds. AASECT members may nominate themselves or a committed AASECT colleague for the following leadership positions. All terms are for two years and officially begin July 1, 2020.
Board of Directors
These candidates must be AASECT Certified Professional Members in good standing.
- Communications Steering Committee Chair
These candidates must be AASECT Professional Members in good standing.
- Eastern Region Representative to the Nominating Committee
- Western Region Representative to the Nominating Committee
To nominate someone or yourself, please send the following information to email@example.com. Please compile all information and submit in no more than 2 attachments.
- Name of the AASECT member
- Position(s) for which they are being nominated
- AASECT Certification type (i.e., CSE, CST, CSC, Supervisor) - only needed for Board positions.
- Contact telephone number and email address
- Brief bio (less than 200 words)
- CV or Resume
- Short Paragraph (less than 250 words) identifying experience with and commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Short paragraph (less than 250 words) stating their reason for the candidate's suitability for the position and outlining the ways they have contributed to AASECT
Once the slate is finalized, those candidates will be required to submit more specific information for next year's ballot.
The deadline for nominations is October 23, 2019. Thank you for your consideration of these important leadership positions and continued support of AASECT!